Saturday, September 3, 2011

ZIPPERHEADS - HUH?



I was laying on the sofa last night flipping thru the channels when I came across the Clint Eastwood film, Gran Torino. Now I have to say that I hadn't seen this film for quite a while and probably since it first came out. Now this movie is famous for the quote "Get off my lawn" but what I didn't remember was Clint referring to all the Asians in this film as "zipperheads". Now I have to say that I've never heard this derogatory slang word before so had to look it up. Now Clint eventually becomes friends with the local family and seeks justice and revenge. In the end he leaves his beloved Gran Torino to his friend Tao but tells him in his will not to put flames or a tail on it like the other zipperheads. HAHA! Too funny Clint.

No comments:

Post a Comment