Tuesday, November 23, 2010

BLACK FRIDAY


Now I must admit that I've never really seen what the big deal is about Black Friday. I mean I've never participated in this event and from the clips I've seen on the news it looks really, really crazy. I've seen that people have even gotten into fights over merchandise that they both claimed to grab at the same time. Just take a look at this photo and see if this looks like fun to you. Not me! Now maybe I would feel different if this was held at a CD or DVD store like Amoeba (Oh yeah!) but I really can't think of anything else I want this bad that I would subject myself to this craziness. Now I don't know if people really get deals or not or if it's just low prices on no name stuff. I dunno...... It also seems that Black Friday is getting earlier and earlier. I think I remember it used to start around 6:00AM but I now see stores opening at 3:00AM! What? Now I can tell you that SAXOMAN will be snuggled tightly in his bed at this outrageous time of morning and watching all of the nuts on the news. HAHA!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Saxoman,
    Back in the house. I agree totally. Why do people subject themselves to this madness! You're right, if Amoeba had one, I would save you a place in line! And one question, why is it called Black Friday?? Do they have something against the brothers or what???
    Crazy. Don't people know that quality merchandise is pretty standard due to the Internet (Amazon). So why waste time buying retreads and junk....
    Jazzman out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I totaly agree. The public falls for gimmick every year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe I have heard the retailers call it Black Friday because it is when they start pulling in a profit...going from being in the red to the black...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH I SEE.......THIS ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.

    ReplyDelete