Sunday, June 5, 2011

DVD PICK OF THE WEEK - SHAOLIN



I had known about this movie titled "Shaolin" starring Andy Lau for several months now but was never able to find a copy with decent English sub-titles. Well that is until now! Due to my resourceful nature I have recently found another Asian dvd shop that is very close to my job and a place that I can stop by on my way home from work. I'll just tell the wife I was working a little late. HAHA! Anyway, this may save me many trips on the train to Chinatown although I will still pay an occasional visit to my favorite sales ladies because they really get a kick out of an American that's an Asian cinema fan. Anyway, this movie is an update of an older Jet Li movie titled "The Shaolin Temple". Although Jackie Chan as listed as a co-star of this movie he really has a very small part in this movie as a Kung Fu chef. What? Anyway, a movie that I thoroughly enjoyed as it told the story of ruthless Generals and how in a power struggle wipe out Andy Lau's family. This leads him to join the Shaolin Temple and adopt the ways of the Shaolin monks. Anyway, check out the trailer or go see the movie! SAXOMAN recommended!


No comments:

Post a Comment