Thursday, October 20, 2011

DVD PICK OF THE WEEK - WUXIA

Finally a decent action movie from Hong Kong! After seeing many of the latest dopey comedies out of China and some painfully slow dramas from Japan and Korea there is finally an action movie I could sit back and enjoy. So with that being said this weeks coveted DVD Pick of the Week is Wuxia starring Mega-superstar Donny Yen. Now I'm not sure how many movies Donny makes a year but this has to be at least the third or fourth one this year! What? Yep, I kid you not. They crank out the movies a lot faster overseas than in the U.S. I had seen this movie for about a month but could never find one with English sub-titles that is until my last visit to Chinatown. Now although this movie dragged a bit in the middle the action scenes in the beginning and end more than made up for it. What? You haven't seen it? Well at least enjoy the trailer for this fine piece of cinema.

No comments:

Post a Comment