Thursday, April 26, 2012

TIME FOR SOME AMOEBA SHOPPING


It had been way too long since I had taken a trip to my favorite music store, Amoeba. Now for those that haven't been, all I can say is that Amoeba is the best, hand down! See the photo to see what I'm talking about. You know I know some so-called music fans that have never been to Amoeba! What? You know who you are! Anyway, the best selection of new and used cd's, records and dvd's. It is truly heaven and I feel I will pass out from music overload when I go there. I hopped the train and in a short while there I was. I walked in, grabbed a basket and my mind started to race. Where to go first? The Soul section? Reggae? Latin? World? Jazz? Head upstairs to check out some Asian dvd's? Well I spent a lot of time in the Latin and Jazz sections and quickly had my basket overflowing with cd's. I decided to skip looking at the dvd's and had to put a few things back due to not having enough cash. So what did I do next? I decided I needed to go back the following weekend and buy more! What? HAHA! Yep, so last Saturday SAXOMAN went back and picked up another basket full of jazz and latin cd's. Oh yeah, I also picked some nice dvd's like Soul Power, Wattstax and The Fania All Stars Live in Africa. I've been on a cd spending spree lately. Now I just have to find time to listen to all of this music!

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is, YESSSSSS!
    I remember when I was a student at Cal in the 70's, Amoeba was the best.
    It still is. Bar none. Nothing comes close. That's it.
    Game over.
    Jazzman

    ReplyDelete