Sunday, May 27, 2012

LATIN CD PICK OF THE WEEK - WILLIE COLON

I had seen this early Willie Colon cd (from 1968) many times in the past but didn't pick it up for some odd reason. I mean I'm a big fan of Willie and have a ton of his music. I especially like the things he did with vocalist Hector LaVoe. Anyway, this cd then went out of print and you couldn't seem to find it any more except for some ridiculously overpriced ones on Ebay. Anyway, my good friends at Fania records saw my problem and re-released this gem once again. My oh my! A classic cd I am glad I have finally been able to get my hands on. So this weeks coveted Latin CD Pick of the Week is Willie Colon with his cd titled The Hustler. Now there are classic uptempo salsa numbers as well as some classic boleros. One of these slow boleros is one that I never get tired off. Here is the haunting Que Lio. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment