Tuesday, May 29, 2012

JAZZ CD PICK OF THE WEEK - HENRY FRANKLIN

This weeks Jazz CD Pick of the Week is a great release by bass player Henry Franklin titled The Skipper. Released on the Black Jazz label this is one of several fine releases on this label. Now I actually remember this when it originally came out and am glad to add to my jazz library. Now a few years back I was in downtown Riverside checking out Christmas lights with the wife and we walked into the heavily decorated hotel in the downtown area. There was a small lounge and hearing some jazz I peeked my head in to see what was going on. To my surprise Henry Franklin was there performing with his group. My oh my! What a pleasant surprise. Anyway, for those of you not hip to "The Skipper", check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment