Sunday, November 3, 2013

DONE BEING THE DJ

Yes you heard right SAXOMAN is done being the DJ. That's it, no more! I am done! Now there's nothing that happened recently that made me come to this decision but is just something I've been thinking about for a while. Now I must admit that I used to take great joy in creating the music mix for one of my many parties. I would painstakingly pick out music for my "pre-party mix", meaning something lively as people are coming in and saying hello to everyone. This would go on for a few hours and then I would kick it into high gear with my "party mix" which would last for several hours and get people up and dancing. You had to balance it out - for example you couldn't put two merengue songs side by side as people would be exhausted so you had to mix it up a bit. I would then slow it down as people are leaving and have my post-party mix when people could unwind from the party and just relax and talk. So what's the problem? Well no matter what I would play someone would always come up and ask me to play something else. Can you play something a little faster? a little more danceable? A little slower? a little louder? etc…etc…. Huh? Now I would never think of asking someone to change the music at one of their parties but I guess some people have no problem doing this. So these requests completely disrupt the flow of what I had put together music wise and is really irritating. So no more……I'm done. If you're over my house I'll just play whatever I want and no requests (sorry) and don't ask me to provide music for your party because I will politely decline (sorry). You are on your own so good luck with your limited music collections. OUT...

No comments:

Post a Comment