Saturday, September 18, 2010

GETTING FUNKY AT THE L.A. COUNTY FAIR


Yes, it's that time of year again! Time to get funky at the L.A. County Fair. Now I went to the Fair last night and I saw some new and very different (and unusual) things to eat. Things like chocolate covered bacon (huh?), chocolate covered pickles (yuk!), and deep fried Klondike bars (what?). Now I had to pass on some of these items but did go and have a good time as always. On tap for the entertainment was the Average White Band and Tower of Power. A double bill with two of the funkiest bands from the 70's. Now I must say I was sadly disappointed in AWB's performance. They played a listless set with no energy whatsoever. It seemed as they were just going through the motions. Sorry AWB but no love from SAXOMAN on this night. I have seen them before and they sounded much better but not tonight. Tower of Power then came on and were super funky as always. One thing they did different was mix in some other old school jams from the likes of Charles Wright, Billy Paul and a James Brown medley. Too, too funky! After that it was time for some Pork Chops on a Stick. HAHA! Up next? Why another funky time on Friday with WAR. Oh yeah......

1 comment:

  1. Hey was the concert on the short side? Last year I remember going to one that must have been about 3 hours at the fair. The two I saw this year both started pretty much on time - 7:30 but were over by 9. That was disappointing. TOP always is great!!!

    ReplyDelete