Saturday, September 18, 2010

GUYS - A COMFORTABLE AND SAFE DISTANCE


Recently the wife and I went to the movies. As we were waiting for the movie to start I saw two guys come in and sit down but with an empty chair in between them. Huh? Then I remembered that when I was a kid my friends and I used to do the exact same thing when we went to the movies. Basically you did not want to sit side-by-side next to your friend or you could be accused of being a couple or a date. HAHA! Anyway, I typically go to the movies with my wife but I got to wondering if I was to go to the movies with a male friend what would I do? Is this safe distance rule still in effect? Hmmm......I wonder.

2 comments:

  1. Saxoman, here is the rule- With the woman, side by side. With your buddy, always, always, always leave a seat empty in the middle, or you will get those looks. But not as much these days with all of the political correctness going on. Me and the fellas would joke about what would it look like if there were two guys sitting next to each other watching Brokeback Mountain. Now that would be real suspect.....
    Always, Always a seat between. Remember, guys don't need to go to the bathroom together like the ladies......ha ha
    Jazzman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm.I guess the rule still applies then.

    ReplyDelete