Wednesday, April 17, 2013

DVD PICK OF THE WEEK - THE LAST TYCOON

OK, because I've been sick the past few days I have been able to go through several Asian dvd's and try and catch up on the backlog. I know my many readers (2? 3?) look forward to being steered in the right direction so know it's my duty to keep the public informed and hip. Several of the movies I have recently watched have been so-so mindless entertainment things (female assassins, J-Pop Wanna-Be Samurais, Hong Kong Triads, etc...) Now one film that has stood out from the rest (so far) is a movie titled The Last Tycoon starring my man, Chow Yun Fat. Now I must say that I've never seen a bad movie from Chow as he always seems to take his roles seriously and avoid any cheezy movies or dopey comedies. A mixture of drama/action and a love story thrown in for good measure. A film you are sure to enjoy. Not hip to The Last Tycoon? Check out the trailer for this fine piece of cinema. SAXOMAN recommended!



No comments:

Post a Comment