Monday, April 29, 2013

KICKIN' IT IN K-TOWN - HUH?

Because SAXOMAN is an international guy and a man of the people, I decided to take a trip to Koreatown (otherwise known as K-Town) to check out the action. The wife and I hopped the train and off we went. Due to a slight miscalculation (on m part) we ended up getting off the train a little too soon. So.....we get off at MacArthur Park and lo and behold there is Langer's deli. Hmmm....maybe I should stop in and get one of their world famous pastrami sandwiches also know as the # 19. No, I gotta stay focused. Anyway, we ended up walking a good distance to our lunch destination while passing through several Guatemalan and El Salvadorian neighborhoods. I guess it was a good thing I had that carnitas taco at the grand Central Market. Mmmmm....
Anyway, once we reached our destination the wife and I feasted on Guey Guey, Fried rice with Kimchee and several tasty side dishes. Now I must say we had a great deal of difficulty understanding our waitress but she tried to help with our order. After stuffing my belly we then asked the waitress at the front if the train station was close. With my full belly there is no way I could walk all the way back. The waitress tells me "no, we not closed" Jeez....oh well.....Luckily the train station wasn't too far away so I hit the seat and relaxed all the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment