Monday, May 27, 2013

SUSHI BURRITOS - WHAT?

Yes, believe it or not it's true. Sushi burritos. Who would've thought. Now a while back I was in my customary position of lying on the sofa flipping through the channels and came across the Food Network and they were showing various food trucks. Now one truck that caught my eye was the Sushi Burrito truck, Yep, I kid you not. In L.A. anything goes. Anyway the truck is called Jogasaki and is bright orange with a pic of a samurai man wearing a sombrero! What? Yep, too hip. Anyway SAXOMAN heard the truck was going to be in Little Tokyo on Saturday and being a frequent visitor of Little Tokyo SAXOMAN decided to check it out. On the train ride over I was checking their menu to decide what I would get. Hmmm....so many choices. Now their web site said that they would be there at noon but they were nowhere to be found. SAXO decided to head over to the German place (my last blog post) with the wife and have a large dark German beer to open up our appetites a little more. Anyway, after the beer we walked outside and the truck was just getting ready to open and we were first in line. Oh yeah......Now I can say we ordered a fair amount of food. For my it was the Lobster Burrito with the Salmon Ceviche Taco, What? The wife had the Shrimp Tempura burrito with the Firecracker appetizer. We sat down inside the Angels City Brewery and devoured our meal in a matter of minutes. mmmm, mmmm good! So another SAXOMAN recommendation. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment