Sunday, June 16, 2013

JAZZ CD PICK OF THE WEEK - BALLADS BY FOUR

This weeks long overdue Jazz CD Pick of the Week is titled Ballads By Four and refers to four great sax players playing some smooth, sexy ballads. I had seen this cd before and passed on it thinking it may have been a compilation from other releases but I was wrong. So I recently scooped this up for only $5 and what a treat. Featuring four ballads by four great sax players this is a must have for jazz lovers. This cd features Art Pepper, John Klemmer, Johnny Griffin & Joe Henderson. Classics such as Over The Rainbow, God Bless The Child, Smoke Gets In Your Eyes and Good Morning Heartache. My oh my.....Now I was trying to find an audio clip to share but no such luck. Anyway, all i can say is check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment