Sunday, June 23, 2013

ONE MINUTE GREEN CARDS?

Now SAXOMAN and the wife were over by McArthur Park the other day at Langer's (see previous blog post) After the filling meal we decided to walk around to help settle our full bellies. Now I can honestly say that I felt like I was in Central America (not that there's anything wrong with that) as I saw Pupusarias, religious zealots, signs offering exorcisms, lady's cooking from a shopping cart and many more interesting sights. One of the signs that caught my eye was the one here that I took a photo of. Now I've known people that have waited for years to get a green card but this sign here advertised a green card in just one minute! What? Yep, I kid you not. Now I remember a while back watching 20/20 or 60 Minutes or one of those shows and this area around McArthur Park was to place to go for a fake ID (Drivers License, Social Security Card, etc...) Now I happened to see this actually go down while I was there. Yep, I saw someone getting a brand new social Security card. My oh my....... Now I guess If I ever need to go underground and change my identity this will be the place to go. I'll just have to come up with some interesting new name to go by. Hmmmm......what should this be? haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment