Monday, April 20, 2009

A DAY AT VENICE BEACH

Because it was going to be a sweltering hot day in the city and everyone I know with a pool never invites me, I decided to spend the day at Venice Beach with my wife. I know.....I know......you're probably thinking "what? how can you go to the beach with the NBA playoffs starting and the Laker game on?" Well, I decided that since I will be sitting on my butt for the next 6 weeks watching basketball I could at least record the first game and spend the day at Venice Beach. So off I went.........
Some people I know have never been to Venice Beach and others either don't like it or are scared to go. I know there are homeless people and bums around but so what?
Me? I've been going to Venice Beach for years. Although there are many other beaches that are nicer, to me they are just sand and the ocean. At Venice you have all of the entertainment and all of the people selling things on the boardwalk. We typically get there in the morning and stroll the boardwalk, which takes over 2 hours. Then we have a bite to eat and head down to the beach. Yesterday I took my iPod and promptly dozed off as soon as I laid down. The photos below are not pictures that I took but are just an example of the sights down at Venice Beach. What? You say you've never been? Well go check it out and get hip!

3 comments:

  1. WHAT IS WRONG ABOUT NOT EVER BEEN IN VENICE...YOU MAKE IT SOUND LIKE "WHAT, YOU NEVER BEEN IN DISNEYLAND?" GIVE ME A BREAK...I KNOW MILLIONS OF PEOPLE, WELL NOT KNOW THEM, I MEAN KNOW OF THEM, THAT HAVE NEVER NOR EVER WILL BE GOING THERE. THEY WILL NEVER COMPLAIN.
    IF I WAS TO GO THERE AND SEE THE HORRIBLE SIGHTS, LIKE THOSE IN YOUR PICTURES THAT YOU, YES, YOU TOOK....GIVE ME A BREAK, I WOULD BE EMBARRASSED TO SEE THEM, THEM...MAKE ME SICK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I would post this response by a person that felt the need to make some rather childish comments about Venice Beach. Yes, you are one of the ones that will never go there because of the "horrible sights" plus you would probably get beaten up. Stay home! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That person is obviously not from California, a Jazz lover, or quite possibly needs to move back from whence they came. Wow, do you want some cheese with that Whine.................

    ReplyDelete