Friday, April 10, 2009

TIME FOR ANOTHER TRIP TO CHINATOWN


Do I ever get tired of going to Chinatown in Los Angeles? No, as a matter of fact I don't!
Because I have unlimited free time on my hands (still) I decided it was time for another trip so I hopped the Gold Line train in Pasadena and there I was, Chinatown once again.
It felt like forever since my last visit but in reality it was probably only about two weeks ago.
I visited my favorite dvd stores and picked up a few Shaw Brothers bootleg dvd's (The Tea House and The Condemned) and also the latest action movie by renowned martial arts star Sammo Hung (Wush Shu - The Next Generation) all for $13 (what a deal!).
Anyway, look for reviews of these fine films soon on my blog! From there I headed over (by bus) to the Garment District and Santee Alley. It's like a whole different world there where salespeople are trying to sell you everything imaginable. Ya' gotta love those suits with the matching overcoats and hats. Too hip!
On a related note, I recently had an odd dream that I opened a movie theater in Chinatown where the now abandoned Little Joe's Italian Restaurant sits. Maybe this is a sign? an omen of my future? Who knows........only time will tell.
What does the photo shown have to do with my visit? Why absolutely nothing!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, but that photo is most intriguing. Jim Kelly in the ORIGINAL Black Samauri? Kid Dolemite Kung Fu style?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I admit the photo does look interesting. Sounds like something else I need to buy for my collection.

    ReplyDelete