Monday, August 31, 2009

JAZZ / FUNK CD PICK OF THE WEEK - THE HEADHUNTERS


This weeks Jazz/Funk CD Pick of the Week is the classic 1975 recording by The Headhunters titled Survival of the Fittest. The Headhunters were the group that backed up Herbie Hancock on his groundbreaking jazz/funk lp titled The Headhunters (another classic must have!) but also released a few solo lp's without Herbie Hancock. This is the debut solo release by The Headhunters. Now I had bought this album (yes I mean album) when it first came out way back in 1975 and had been waiting for years for this to be issued on cd. When I finally saw this in the cd bin one day I almost passed out and couldn't grab it fast enough!
Now two of the funkiest cuts on this cd (to me) are God Made Me Funky and If You Want It, You'll Get It. Because I couldn't decide between the two I decided to post them both. Anyway, check out The Headhunters and see what I'm talkin' about.


No comments:

Post a Comment