Wednesday, January 27, 2010

SOUL CD PICK OF THE WEEK - BILL WITHERS


Now those faithful readers of my blog know that SAXOMAN usually steers clear of most "Best Of" cd's. I usually feel that several songs are usually missing from these so called 'Best Of" compilations and well, I'm just a completest anyway. One rare exception to this "Best Of" category is this gem by Bill Withers titled The Best Of Bill Withers - Lean On Me. Now this to me is truly worthy of the title "The Best Of". Now I'm sure you all know the songs Ain't No Sunshine, Lean On Me, Just The Two Of Us with the late, great Grover Washington Jr. , but what about some other gems like Who Is He (And What Is He To You), Grandma's Hands, Use Me, I Wish You Well and Harlem? Huh? Are you hip to these as well? If not, shame on you. Well anyway, all of these hits are here with many, many more. Now one of my favorites on this cd is the song titled Harlem. Give this song a listen as it slowly build in intensity. A great cd and another must have for your collection. SAXOMAN recommended! Hear me?

No comments:

Post a Comment