Sunday, February 28, 2010

SUEDE SHOES AND PIMP SOCKS


Back in Junior High School several of my friends had started wearing black suede shoes that kind of looked like Wingtips. They would wear these shoes with the sheer, black nylon "Pimp socks". So what happened next? You guessed it! SAXOMAN bought himself some black suede shoes and some sheer black pimp socks as well. Hey, I had to follow the crowd right? Now some of my friends would wear these shoes with jeans or slacks. I didn't have any slacks and I just didn't think these shoes went well with jeans. The pimp socks also didn't look good on me with my, uh....pale skin shall we say. I even tried these sheer socks with black socks underneath and they did look a little better. So what happened? Well I can tell you that SAXOMAN never had the nerve to wear these things in public and they sat in my closet for quite a while. I eventually ended up giving (probably selling) these to my older brother who went through a phase and wore this stuff. Now I remember when someone would accidentally step on these shoes that my friends wore and my friends would either punch the guy or even worse, make him brush them off. Jeez....the humiliation. HAHA! Oh well.....

2 comments:

  1. Hey SAXOMAN,
    Spring Break is here, so I can catch up on my favorite Blog! One question, did you have the matching nylon underwear to match the pimp socks? I had every color in the rainbow (well, almost every color except yellow!). The problem with nylon boxers was the constant effort to get them from becoming wedgies...Did your pimp socks have different colored stripes? I had some of those too. Oh, my brother still wears those socks on occasion! He can't get out of the 60's...
    Later my brother,
    Jazzman

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! Sorry but SAXOMAN did NOT have the matching underwear. Who knew? Yes, my pimp socks where the sheer black ones with the darker pinstripes. I was ahead of my time....I guess.

    ReplyDelete