Friday, March 5, 2010

SAXOMAN'S 2010 OSCAR PICKS


Yes it's that time of year again. Time for SAXOMAN's long awaited 2010 Oscar picks. Now being a lover of the cinema I have seen all but three of the movies that have been nominated for Best Picture. I can honestly say that I don't like the fact that there are now ten movies eligible for Best Picture instead of the traditional five. I think this dilutes the category a little bit. Although I enjoyed Avatar and Up, I really don't think these belong in the Best Picture category. Just my humble opinion. Now I know that The Hurt Locker is the favorite for Best Picture but I am going to go out on a limb. So with that being said here are SAXOMAN's Oscar picks:
  • Best Picture: Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds. Now I know this is a risky pick and probably won't win, but it is still my pick for Best Picture.
  • Best Actor: Jeff Bridges for Crazy Heart although I haven't seen this.
  • Best Actress: Meryl Streep for Julie & Julia
  • Best Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz for Inglourious Basterds
  • Best Supporting Actres: This one I have no clue about but I'll take a wild guess and go with Mo'Nique for Precious.
  • Best Director: Quentin Tarantino for Inglourious Basterds. As you all know I am a big Tarantino fan.
  • Best Foreign Language Film: I can tell you that this household is rooting strongly for the film from Peru titled The Milk of Sorrow.
Anyway, that's my picks. Good luck to everyone. We shall see how I do. Either way it will be an enjoyable evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment