Saturday, March 27, 2010

TIME FOR ANOTHER TRIP TO AMOEBA - WHAT? AGAIN?


Yes, you heard right! Time for another trip to my favorite music store, Amoeba Music in Hollywood. I mean really, can I guy ever have enough music? I think not! Anyway, I deployed the same strategy as my last visit. I showed up at my job in the morning, did a little work but more importantly I made sure that I was seen by all the bosses. "Hmmm... SAXOMAN is really dedicated to his job to be here on a Saturday", they must have thought. HAHA! Anyway, then it was off to Amoeba again. Once inside Amoeba it was like heaven with music everywhere. I even went upstairs to check out the dvd section. Very dangerous indeed! So I must say that I showed a little bit of restraint this time and "only" bought seven cd's. I picked up some Soul (Sly and The Family Stone, Stevie Wonder and Blue Magic), some Jazz (Horace Silver, Lee Morgan and Kenny Dorham) and some Afro-Beat (Fela Kuti). Anyway, another good trip to Amoeba! If you haven't been there check it out and get hip!

1 comment:

  1. Amoeba, ummmmm. Nice fake out showing up at work first! That's a good one! Nice selection of tunes, and you're right, you can never get enough of good music.
    It's great for the soul,
    Jazzman

    ReplyDelete