Wednesday, December 22, 2010

SOUL CD PICK OF THE WEEK - GIL SCOTT HERON


This weeks Soul CD Pick of the Week is the great Gil Scott Heron with the cd titled Winter In America. Now I must say I am a big Gil Scott Heron fan and currently own nine of Gil's cd's. I even got a chance to see Gil Scott live way back in the 70's when he was at his peak. I first got hip to Gil when he released his smash hit, The Revolution Will Not Be Televised. I recall that I used to recite the lyrics non-stop to drive my brother crazy. This cd has 13 tracks and also features Brian Jackson helping out on vocals. A really great cd that is must for your collection. Not hip to Gil Scott Heron? Here's a video of him performing his hit The Bottle which is one of the many great tracks on this cd. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment