Monday, February 14, 2011

BEST NEW ARTIST - ESPERANZA SPALDING



I was watching the Grammy's last night when they were announcing the nominees for Best New Artist. As they announced Esperanza Spalding's name I told me wife "she won't win because she's a jazz player". I cringed as the announcement came near because I was dreading to hear the two words I did not want to hear. Yep, you guessed it. Justin Bieber was in this category also. Now maybe I'm just a little old but I just don't get this whole fascination with Justin Bieber. Well to my surprise and probably the entire world, Esperanza Spalding won Best New Artist! What? Yep, a jazz artist walked away with the top honors! Way to go! It is good to see actual talent triumph over popularity. Way to go Esperanza! Congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment