Friday, February 25, 2011

NORTH SIDE/SOUTH SIDE - I JUST DON'T GET IT

Now way back when I was in High School there was something going on with a certain group on campus that I really didn't understand. There was something known as being from the North Side or South Side of Pasadena. Basically you were known as either a North Sider or a South Sider. The two groups did not get along and were bitter enemies. Now SAXOMAN was friends with a lot of these people (mainly North Siders) but was also friends with several South Siders as well. I really didn't get the hostility and anger towards the other side and why they wanted to fight each other. We would drive by a party and my friends would say "we can't go there, that's a South Side party". "Huh?" I asked? "Why not? I don't get it!" Anyway, as I grew older I tended to understand this a little better. Anyway, SAXOMAN has love for all people and for the most part was able to avoid being caught in the middle of the conflict between these two groups. Jeez.......can't we all just get along?

4 comments:

  1. I never knew we had such a thing while back in school until almost 2 years ago when a friend was telling me about his experience. I have been out of school since '73. I ran in to another friend from school about 20 years ago and she said she remembered me being friends with everyone. I am with you...can't we all just get along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or in this case, amen sister ; - 0

    ReplyDelete