Saturday, May 28, 2011

REST IN PEACE - GIL SCOTT - HERON


I read the sad news this morning that Gil Scott -Heron has passed away. A sad, sad day. I have always been a big fan of Gil since he first burst on the scene with his hit "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised". I am pretty sure I have all of Gil's cd's and they are all winners! Gil was a poet, an activist and a man who's music had a message! There are many that say that Gil even was the first rapper although he failed to take this credit (or blame) and instead referred to himself as a "bluesologist". I even got the chance to see Gil back in the day and it was an unforgettable experience. Rest in peace Gil Scott-Heron. You will be sorely missed. Here is Gil performing one of his many hits "The Bottle".

No comments:

Post a Comment