Monday, May 16, 2011

TROJAN REGGAE BOX SETS - CHECK THEM OUT


I have to admit that ever since my last visit to Amoeba I have been in a reggae mood. I have really been listening to and buying a lot of reggae music lately. One of the great things I picked up during my last visit to Amoeba was one of the Trojan Reggae Box Sets. The picture shown here is for the "Ska" box set but I picked up the "Roots" box set. Anyway, these box sets are typically 50 songs and three discs. The packaging is pretty sparse but they are filled with a ton of great music and rarities. Best yet, is these are bargain priced at only$20! What? Yep, I kid you not. These sets each cover a particular style of reggae such as Lover's Rock, Ska, Dancehall, Rock Steady, Roots, Dub, etc.....Since this purchase I have downloaded (what?) several more of these from various blogs and they are all winners! The link will take you to a listing of the various box sets so check them out cuz they go out of print fast! Get some reggae in your collection because there is more to this genre of music than Bob Marley (you know who you are!) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trojan_Box_Set_series

No comments:

Post a Comment