Monday, July 4, 2011

DVD PICK OF THE WEEK - LADY SNOWBLOOD

This weeks DVD Pick of the Week is the Japanese classic titled , Lady Snowblood. I had always heard that Quentin Tarantino was influenced heavily from this film while making Kill Bill I. After seeing this movie I can see many things that Quenten "borrowed" from this film including the music. A tale of revenge and bloodshed as Lady Snowblood sets out to avenge those that wronged her mother. As she tracks down each of the offenders they are all destined to meet their doom. One lady is in so much fear that she eventually hangs herself. Lady Snowblood is so angry that she didn't get the chance to kill this lady looks angrily at the hanging body and then takes a sword and cuts the lady's body in two. What? Yep, I kid you not! HAHA! A blood spattered, action packed film that lovers of this blog are sure to enjoy. There is also a Lady Snowblood II that I am currently in the process of watching so I'll let you all know what I think.
Anyway, here's the trailer for Lady Snowblood!

No comments:

Post a Comment