Sunday, September 25, 2011

REGGAE / RAP CD PICK OF THE WEEK - HUH?

OK, my many readers (2? 3?) now don't think that I've created a new category for my weekly picks. It's just that I didn't see this cd fitting into my regular Reggae Pick of the Week. This is really a collaboration of two musical styles (Reggae and Rap). Anyway, with that being said, here is my Reggae/Rap CD Pick of the Week by Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley and rapper Nas with their cd titled "Distant Relatives". Another strong release from Damian that clearly shows he has quickly became the most talented of the Marley siblings and has surpassed the pop stylings of his brother Ziggy. Now I had picked this up on a recent trip to Amoeba and have been playing it repeatedly in my car. The track getting the most play and being bumped (played) rather loudly is the track 'As We Enter". Anyway, here's the video for this track. Check it out and hip up!

No comments:

Post a Comment