Friday, January 27, 2012

A LITTLE BIT OF PARADISE AND THEN...

"They found a body" Those were the words my wife woke me up to! What? OK, let me back up a little bit. In the beginning of my trip we dealt with some of the crowded streets of Lima. It was good to get away and go up north and enjoy the beauty of Mancora Beach. After a long bus ride we finally arrived at our destination. As we arrived I said "now this is more like it. This is a little bit of paradise". Because it was an ungodly 6:00AM (What?) it was still too early to check in. I promptly made myself comfortable on one of the lounge chairs and quickly fell asleep. Shortly after this is when my wife woke me up with the news about the body. Now my first thought was that they killed a tourist but this wasn't the case. Anyway, as they fished the body out of the water SAXOMAN stayed far away because as you all know I'm a little bit squeamish. It turns out this was a Japanese tourist that had drowned in the very choppy surf. Sad....sad... Anyway, the photo is from the hotel that I stayed at for several days. Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment