Sunday, January 22, 2012

THE WHEELCHAIR SCAM - HUH?

OK, now I have to admit that I've never seen a wheelchair scam before (or even knew about it) but have to say I witnessed this first hand at the LAX airport. As the wife and I were at the airport waiting to fly to Peru I noticed a couple sitting close to the wife and I. The wife of this couple was sitting while the husband was wandering all over the place checking things out. I then saw an elderly lady in a wheelchair being wheeled to the front of the line. I guess this set off a light bulb because I then saw the other lady talking to the airline employees. So what happens next? Yep, you guessed it! I then see another wheelchair being rolled out so that this lady could have her perfectly able husband sit in it. This enables the lady and her husband to be second in line. Jeez! Unbelievable! I mean we all have assigned seats so what's the big deal about where you stand in line. Anyway, my wife and I just shook our heads at this ridiculous behavior. Oh well......

No comments:

Post a Comment