Sunday, February 5, 2012

BATHROOMS FOR COWBOYS - WHAT?

On my recent trip to Peru one of the things we did was to go shopping. Now as we were shopping all of the sales ladies would tell me "Caballero, come in, look around". Huh? I asked my wife why these ladies were all calling me a cowboy. My wife just shook her head and said "No, they are calling you a gentleman, not a cowboy idiota!". OOPS! Now how could I make this simple language mistake? Now I have a brother in law that would wear boots and I would always call him caballero thinking I was insulting him and calling him a cowboy. Now it seems I was just calling him a gentleman. HAHA! So later on the trip when the wife and I were out eating I would see bathrooms marked as Caballeros. I would then tell my wife "Hey look, they have a bathroom for cowboys! HAHA! Yes, I'm a funny guy.....yes I am. HAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment