Wednesday, February 1, 2012

REST IN PEACE - DON CORNELIUS

Rest in peace Don Cornelius! I heard the news today that Don Cornelius is dead at the age of 75. The reports are that the death was a suicide and due to possible lingering health problems. All SAXOMAN can say is that I am shocked and saddened by this news. Now way back in November of 2009 I had blogged about Don's hugely popular show, Soul Train and the influence it had on my life. Now for me Don and his show Soul Train provided a much hipper alternative to the much squarer show American Bandstand. Don always had the hippest musical guests, the finest ladies and the brand new fashions. The attached video shows the only time Don actually participated in the famous Soul Train line (twice!) Check it out! Rest in peace Don Cornelius! You will be missed!

1 comment:

  1. Did you hear what kind of health problems he had? I heard he was in a lot of pain. How sad!!! Yes, RIP Don Cornelius!!!

    ReplyDelete