Tuesday, February 14, 2012

JAZZ CD PICK OF THE WEEK -WAYNE SHORTER

Yes, I know it has been a while since my last Jazz CD Pick so without further fanfare here it is. This weeks Jazz CD Pick of the Week is Wayne Shorter with a classic Blue Note recording titled Schizophrenia. Now I'm really not sure if I had picked this before ( I think I may have) but I was listening to this in my car on the drive home and was re-reminded of how good it really is. With Wayne on tenor sax, Curtis Fuller on trombone, James Spaulding on alto sax and flute, and Herbie Hancock, Joe Chambers and Ron Carter rounding out the rhythm section. A truly hip acoustic jazz set that jazz lovers are sure to enjoy. Here's one of my favorite cuts off this CD titled Tom Thumb. Check it out and hip up!

No comments:

Post a Comment