Sunday, September 23, 2012

JAZZ CD PICK OF THE WEEK - JOHNNY COLES

This weeks Jazz CD Pick of the Week was a recent surprise i stumbled across in the used cd bins. The cd is titled Little Johnny C and is by trumpeter Johnny Coles. As I was reading the liner notes for this cd I noticed it had one of my favorite tenor sax players (Joe Henderson) on it so I quickly scooped it up and put it in my overflowing basket. Although I can honestly say at the time I wasn't very familiar with the name Johnny Coles, I quickly discovered that he had played with Eric Dolphy and Charles Mingus to name just a few. Anyway, like I said a real pleasant surprise and deserving of the Jazz CD Pick of the Week. Anyway, here's just one of many of the swingin' tracks from this cd. Check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment