Thursday, September 5, 2013

THE RUNNING MAN - PART 3

Now when I run I probably look a lot like Homer in this photo. I see a lot of other (younger) runners that never seem to get tired and routinely run like 20 miles. Jeez....gimme a break! Now one of the things I forgot to mention in my previous Running Man posts was the accessories you need to buy once you become a "running man". You need to get special running shoes which I can tell you aren't cheap, special socks to run in so you don't get blisters, You need the special light weight running shorts (I was wearing my baggy basketball shorts for quite a while), the hydration belt so you can stay hydrated as you run, the energy blasts you need to drink or eat while you're running to keep your energy up (although I can say it doesn't help my lack of energy). And on and on it goes......HAHA. Now I've seen some runners with the super huge and expensive GPS watches that calculate everything as well as fancy compression socks that are supposed to do something (I guess). SAXOMAN is not at that level yet but give me time, We shall see......

No comments:

Post a Comment