Monday, June 22, 2009

HIGH SCHOOL REUNION TIME


OK, now there have been several High School reunions that have come and gone and I never attended any of them. I don't know why but I just never had any interest to go. It may stem from me not being very sociable at times but that's another story. Anyway, this past Sunday I decided to go to a High School reunion that combined the three different High Schools of Pasadena (PHS, Muir & Blair) and also combined several different graduating years. One big event all rolled into one!
I was a little nervous on the way over there as all kind of thoughts ran through my head. What if I don't know anybody or don't recognize anyone? What if no one talks to me? Will I look older than everyone? Be fatter or balder than everyone? And on and on my imagination ran, all the way over to the park in Altadena.
When I got there I saw a small group of older people that just couldn't be the reunion I was looking for, could it? As I got closer I started reading the name tags and yes, I was in the right place! A couple of girls I remembered right away and they remembered me and a few other people came later that I also remembered. Several girls were looking at me and giggling like, well schoolgirls so I walked over to see who they were. Although I vaguely recognized their names there was no way I could place a face with the way they looked now. No way! Sorry! Anyway, they seemed to know all about me in High School and asked who my plastic surgeon was and if I use botox. HAHA! I guess this was a compliment as I can honestly say that I felt that I looked much younger than most of the people there. It was an odd feeling seeing people that you hadn't seen in years and really don't know anymore. Very odd indeed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment