Wednesday, June 3, 2009

JAZZ CD REISSUES - WHEN WILL IT EVER END?

Now I don't know about some of you but I am getting tired of buying things repeatedly! What am I talking about? Well I have bought a lot of music in my lifetime and am having to constantly re-buy these items time and time again! I have bought albums and then re-bought them again when the cd's came out (which I could live with since it was a format change). But then a new version of the cd comes out that has an extra bonus track so I go and buy it again. Then later there is another reissue with more bonus tracks that I gotta have since I'm a completest. NOW? Well now I see that three jazz cd's (see photo)that I have bought and re-bought in the past by Miles Davis and Charles Mingus are now out (again) in Special Legacy Two Disc CD Editions. AAAAUUUGGGHHHHH!!!!!
Stop it, stop it already. You record companies are killing me with this. I know you are in business to make money but enough is enough! STOP!
Thank you for letting me vent. I feel better now.

2 comments:

  1. They know we're suckers.
    The bootleggers do it too. I just got (for free, luckily) yet another "Final, definitive version" of this one show that's been re-released a million times. This one's better quality, or this one's more complete, or, ooh, gotta have the "remastered" version, blah, blah...comical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, I'm in the Sucker club too/ How many Miles Davis Kind of Blue CD's do I own? Let's see, about 5.....Original, gold plated, remastered, 50th anniversary, bla, bla, bla. But guess what? We'll probably keep doing it because we can't help ourselves. It is a sickness......but we love it.....
    Jazzman

    ReplyDelete