Tuesday, August 3, 2010

DVD PICK OF THE WEEK - WILLIE DYNAMITE


This weeks DVD Pick of the Week goes to the 1974 Blaxploitation flick titled Willie Dynamite. Now I picked up this gem this past Sunday browsing the used dvd's at PCC for only $5. WOW! Another classic tale of a pimp and his seven ladies. Now for some odd reason I had always thought Isaac Hayes was the star of this movie based on the picture on the cover but I was wrong. In this film Willie is stylin' in his purple pimped out El Dorado and the most outrageous fashions I've probably seen in any one blaxploitation film and I've probably seen more of these films than I'd care to admit. Check out the fur coats, the fur hats, the pink jumpsuit with the clamshell collar, the gold suit! Too much! HAHA! Anyway, not hip to Willie? Check out the trailer for this fine piece of cinema.

2 comments:

  1. HA! Wow, those outfits, too much, gotta see this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, another must see and SAXOMAN recommended!

    ReplyDelete