Saturday, August 14, 2010

JAZZ CD PICK OF THE WEEK - JOHN KLEMMER


This weeks Jazz CD Pick of the Week is John Klemmer's cd titled Blowin' Gold. This was released way back in 1969 and I bought this lp way, way back when. As a matter of fact, I still have this classic lp sitting in my closet waiting for a cd release. Now I have yet to see this on cd however I do see that you can now download this album from iTunes for about $6. This is a great album with classic tracks such as Free Soul or My Love Has Butterfly Wings. A truly great recording! John Klemmer was one of my favorite sax players in the early 70's and he put out some really great music. John was a frequent user of the "Echoplex" and other electronic effects and frequently recorded as a solo sax player with no other accompaniment. This particular recording is not solo sax so don't worry. Anyway, not hip to John Klemmer? Well shame on you! Go check it out!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes SAXOMAN, one of the classics! I still have the album as well. My Love has Butterfly wings and the echoplex. Only a true player knows that album! Whatever happened to John Klemmer anyway?
    JAZZMAN back in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GLAD TO SEE WE HAVE SOME HIPSTERS OUT IN THE AUDIENCE THAT ARE HIP TO THIS LP.

    ReplyDelete