Thursday, December 22, 2011

60 FREEWAY FIASCO AND SAXOMAN IS THERE


Now for those of you that live in the Southern California area you may have heard or seen footage about the fuel tanker that caught fire on the 60 freeway recently. Now how was SAXOMAN involved in this major accident? No, no SAXOMAN didn't cause this accident but was very close to this whole situation. You see I was at work in my car and taking my daily lunch time nap. All of a sudden my deep, restful slumber was interrupted by the sound of helicopters buzzing overhead. I wiped the sleep from my eyes and got out of my car to see what was going on. There I saw three helicopters hovering over the 60 freeway. What is going on I thought. I went inside and hopped on my computer to see that a fuel tanker had caught fire and the off ramp just prior to where SAXOMAN gets off to go to work was being burned. I then see that they had closed the freeway in both directions! What? So for the next several days SAXO had to take alternate routes and alternate freeways to get to and from work. The problem was that everyone else had to use these alternate routes as well! Auuuggghhh! Anyway, I managed to survive several days of inconvenience and now all is back to normal.

1 comment:

  1. That was something! Glad you got through it OK. You can nap in your car? I some times think that is a man thing...to sleep any where at any time. Lucky you!!!

    ReplyDelete