Monday, December 19, 2011

PHILIPPE'S - A LOS ANGELES INSTITUTION

Home of the french dip, Philippe's is an L.A. institution not to be missed. Now yesterday SAXOMAN and the wife were in Chinatown (What! Again?) and we were deciding on where to eat. I said, "Hey, let's go to Philippe's". Just a block and a half from Chinatown the wife and I strolled over to enjoy an enjoyable French dip sandwich. Philippe's is also a short walk from L.A.'s Union Station as well. Now you can have pork, lamb, roast beef or turkey and I can honestly say every sandwich I have tried has been a winner. Now I know there is some debate as to who actually created the French dip and Philippe's is one of the places that claim this. Now I personally do not know who the creator was but in the meantime I will enjoy the sandwiches from whoever makes them. Now with a variety of sides to choose from you can pick and chose as you like. They also make their own mustard and I can tell you to use sparingly as it is as hot and spicy as Japanese wasabi. This will clear your head fast! Not hip to Philippe's? Check it out the next time you are over that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment