Tuesday, December 6, 2011

FUNK CD PICK OF THE WEEK - MANDRILL LIVE


This weeks coveted Funk CD Pick of the Week is titled Mandrill Live at Montreux 2002. OK, now don't think that SAXOMAN has created a new category but just felt this is where this funky cd belonged. This live cd captures Mandrill at their best gettin' funky with all of their hits. Now if you love the cd you can also get a dvd of this great performance as well. What? Now what prompted SAXOMAN to revisit this great cd was a recent e-mail from one of the founding members of Mandrill! What? Yep, one of the founding members is an avid reader of this blog. I kid you not. Now maybe I do have more than the 2? or 3? readers that I think typically follow this blog. Anyway, I've always wondered why every year I see the same groups at the L.A. County Fair (War, Tower of Power, Average White Band) but never see Mandrill playing the Fair. I dunno.......my guess is that the venue is too small. Anyway, not hip to Mandrill? What? Then check them playing their funk classic Fencewalk from the Live at Montreux dvd and hip up!

No comments:

Post a Comment