Monday, March 19, 2012

JAZZ CD PICK OF THE WEEK - LEE MORGAN

Now I have to say this is one of my favorite cd's by the late great trumpeter Lee Morgan. This classic cd titled the Gigolo is one that I owned on vinyl way back in the day and is a cd that I never get tired of listening to. Featuring an All-Star cast of Lee Morgan (trumpet), Wayne Shorter (tenor sax), Harold Mabern, Jr. (piano), Bob Cranshaw (bass) and Billy Higgins (drums) this is some serious jazz! Now I found it extremely tough to narrow it down to one selection so I listed several tracks from this cd. Although the title track is one that gets the most airplay I always liked the tune You Go To My Head. A great tune a featuring wonderful solos by Lee and Wayne. A classic! Anyway, here's some of the many great tracks off this cd. Check it out and hip up!


No comments:

Post a Comment