Saturday, March 17, 2012

RUNNING OUT OF SPACE.....

Because I am a serious music collector I have finally reached the point where my two custom made cd racks are completely full! Yep, SAXOMAN has reached full capacity! So now I was faced with a serious dilemma here. What should I do? Should I (gulp!) downsize and get rid of some of my cd's? Why that would be like cutting off a finger (or two) and I just can't do that. Now I know I have my cd's all on iTunes and on my iPod but sometimes I want to hear them in all there glory thru my massive speakers and surround sound system. Anyway, I found a viable solution. After much research on-line I decided to go with something called Jewelsleeves. Anyway, these sleeves enable me to keep all of my precious cd's and reduce the storage space so I can still continue to buy more HAHA! These sleeves have three compartments. One for the front cover, one for the back and a padded one for the cd. Nice! Now I personally think these sleeves are a little pricey and shipping is overpriced as well but at this point what options do I have? The other downside is you can't view from the side what's what so it may take a little time to find things that you are looking for. Now I hate to even think what it will cost to convert my massive cd collection so I will probably have to do it a little bit at a time. Anyway, here is my first batch of 25 sleeves in the photo and you can see the difference in a cd case and the space that these Jewelsleeves take up. Very nice! Now this conversion only represents my Cannonball Adderley collection so I've got a long ways to go.......

2 comments: