Saturday, October 26, 2013

JIM THE WINO

After high school I spent some time doing a whole lot of nothing. I would hang out in the park with my buddies doing nothing but hanging out and drinking beer. Now one guy that used to frequent the park was a guy known as Jim the Wino. Now we didn't really know too much about Jim but usually he would show up in the afternoon with his bottle of Thunderbird wine in a paper bag. Now I don't know if any of you have ever tried Thunderbird but it is one of the cheapest wines out there and also one of the most horrible tasting wines you have ever tasted. Gross! Sometimes Jim would gross us all out by removing his dentures (Ugh!) but usually he would just sit there amused by our stories and nonsense. I'm not sure what made me think of Jim the Wino because it had been many, many years since I had thought about him. Anyway, I'm sure by now Jim has probably passed on but he was a harmless guy that just enjoyed his wine. Oh well…..

1 comment:

  1. SAXOMAN
    You have to add the grape cool aid to kick it up a notch! I used to come home from UCLA and meet the brothers in Manzanita Park off of Mountain and the 210 Frwy.
    Made it a bit more palatable….
    Jazzman

    ReplyDelete