Friday, December 4, 2009

FINDING MONEY (PART 1) AND AWAY IT GOES....


I remember standing in front of Canterbury Records as a kid watching a parade with my Dad. Now I'm not sure if this was the Rose Parade or what, but there is one incident about this day that happens to stick out in my mind. Being a curious kid I was always observing things that go on around me. I noticed some money lying in the street and went to pick it up. It was a twenty dollar bill! WOW! I felt like I had struck gold! like I had found a fortune! WOW! Twenty bucks! My Dad asked a few people if they dropped it and they all said no. So what happened next? My Dad scoops the twenty from my hand and goes into the record store and buys a Robert Goulet album. I think he then walked next door to Sees Candy's and bought a small box of candy. We then go somewhere else and he buys a pair of green fake jade earrings. Twenty bucks went a long way in those days. We get home and he gives all this stuff to my Mom! Hey! What about me? I found this money! Where's my cut?. Anyway, my Dad looked like a hero and I felt like a zero. Jeez......

No comments:

Post a Comment