Friday, March 4, 2011

BASE-KICKBALL -WHAT?


As a kid we were always looking for ways to amuse and entertain ourselves. One day we had gotten one of those large elementary school kickballs from somewhere and invented a game called Base-Kickball. Basically this game was played just like baseball but with the much larger kickball instead. The pitcher would bounce the kickball towards home plate and the batter would smack it with a bat. I think that you could also catch the ball and throw it at the runner to hit them so that they would be out instead of throwing it to the base. See, a perfect combination of both sports. Creative genius I must say! Now I don't remember this sport lasting too long for whatever reasons (busting a window maybe?) however I do remember when I tried to hit the ball with all my might, I hit the inside of my kneecap with the bat instead! OWWWWWWWW! MAN THAT HURT! I hobbled inside the house with tears in my eyes and I believe that was the last of my career in the sport of Base-Kickball.

No comments:

Post a Comment