Tuesday, March 1, 2011

REST IN PEACE - REGGAE LEGENDS

I was watching the Grammy Awards recently and they had a tribute of music industry people that had passed away in 2010. Now I must say that I was shocked when I saw that two of my favorite Reggae singers had passed away in 2010 and I knew nothing about it! How could this be? Anyway, in case you are unaware (as I was), the great Gregory Isaacs and Sugar Minot both passed away in 2010. Sad...sad...sad....
I own about 14 of Gregory Isaacs cd's and he recorded a ton of music. Gregory was also known as "The Cool Ruler" and is one of the founding fathers of the Reggae style known as "Lover's Rock". Sugar Minot is another Reggae great but I am sad to say I only currently own only one of his cd's but will definitely have to pick up more as I have always been a fan of his vocal stylings. What? You say you're not hip to Gregory or Sugar? Well shame on you! Here's an example of what you've been missing!

No comments:

Post a Comment