Sunday, April 17, 2011

DVD PICK OF THE WEEK - BUSHIDO

It has been a pretty slow period lately for Hong Kong and Chinese cinema. The recent films that I've seen have been some pretty dopey romantic comedies that aren't deserving of my pick of the week. I even saw one where action super star Donnie Yen was playing a make-up artist in one of these movies! What? Anyway, because of this I've been exploring more older Japanese cinema lately and the weeks pick spans several generations and deals with the Samurai code. So with that being said, this weeks long overdue DVD Pick of the Week is a 1963 Japanese film classic titled "Bushido - The Cruel Code of the Samurai". Ruthless Japanese Lords that demand sexual services from your wives, daughters and even you! What? Anyway, a very good film that I really enjoyed and deserving of my Pick of the Week. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment